A Homestead Exemption is an exemption of $1,000 of the assessed valuation of your primary residence. In tax year 2019, this was a savings of $91 to $142 depending on where you live in the county.
- You must be the homeowner of record who resides on the property by January 1.
- The property deed must be notarized on or before January 1 and filed with the County Clerk's Office on or before February 1.
- You must be a resident of Oklahoma.
Homestead Exemption applications are accepted at any time throughout the year. However, the application must be filed by March 15 or within 30 days from the mailing date indicated on the "Notice of Increase in Valuation of Real Property" to be approved for the current year. Any application filed after these dates cannot be approved until the following year.
- Online—You may fill out and submit the Homestead Exemption application online.
- By Mail—You may download and fill out the Homestead Exemption Application and return it by mail to this address:
John A. Wright, Tulsa County Assessor
Attn: Taxpayer Services
Tulsa County Headquarters, 5th floor
218 W. Sixth St.
Tulsa, OK, 74119
- Field Office—In January a list of field offices will be set up to provide greater convenience for filing a Homestead Exemption. Please refer to the Community Outreach Events Program and Calendar for a list of times and places. This list will also be published in the Tulsa World and other Tulsa County newspapers.
You are not required to apply for a Homestead Exemption each year if you have been granted a Homestead Exemption and continue to occupy the homestead property. However, if you change your deed or move you will need to file a new application.
If the application is denied, the property owner has the right to appeal to the Tulsa County Board of Equalization. (Title 68 O.S. §2895)
Do You Qualify For Additional Homestead Exemption? (Double Homestead)
Do You Qualify For Oklahoma Claim For Credit or Refund of Property Taxes? (538-H Circuit Breaker)
Please contact us for more information about Homestead Exemptions. Our contact information is below.